Howdy, friends!! How has your week been? For me, it’s been pretty awesome, so far! If you read my post from last week, then you may know that I have started the Master Cleanse and it’s going great! So far I have lost 6 pounds. My mom started the same day as me and has lost 5 as of Tuesday. But what I wanted to write about today is working out, I know, I know, those are some dirty words to some, however, I have to share my experience with something I’ve started. Plus, I’ve included a delicious after workout smoothie bowl recipe (below).
It’s called Metabolic Aftershock, which uses interval training. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m the kind of person who dreads a strict and lengthy and tough workout. I’ve done workouts like P90X and I couldn’t even make it 5 minutes in before I was done and this is so much better! I’m also, the type of person who starts a new work out and I do great for a week or two and then I’m either bored or make some excuse to not do it anymore. This has been the exact opposite! I am actually looking forward to my next day of working out and I just worked out this morning!
The Reasons This Workout Works Out for Me
- Time: First, being a busy mom, I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to working out so this works great for me. Why? It’s only 15 minutes for 3 days a week!
- Allows for Rest: You work hard, and then you rest whenever you need for however long you need to get the best workout
- Results: Afterward, the workout speeds up your metabolism and allows fat burn for 24-48 hours!
- Price: For three discs it was less than $40! That’s way cheaper than joining a gym and along with the discs you get online access so you can do it anywhere! Plus, they do a free trial so if you absolutely hate it, you can get your money back and no harm, no foul.
Now, like I said before, I usually throw in the workout towel after a week or two tops, but I have been doing this now for almost 3 months! I feel stronger and have been sleeping so well since I started doing this!
I know the website and stuff may come off a bit cheesy, but you get 90 days to try it and if you don’t like it just send it back. Click here to learn more.
- 1/4 ripe avocado or Coconut Oil
- 1-2 medium ripe bananas (fermented if possible-see below to learn how)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (organic when possible) – use strawberries/raspberries for a greener smoothie, darker berries for a purple smoothie
- 2 large handfuls steamed spinach, Swiss chard or kale (organic when possible)
- 1 medium carrot (scrubbed and ends cut off)
- 1 small handful red and green lettuce (organic when possible)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk or water kefir
- 1-2 Tbsp chia seed
- dash of sea salt
- Optional: 2 Tbsp creamy almond or other nut/seed butter
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Nut/seed butter
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Hemp seeds
- Steam greens, not lettuce, for a couple of minutes (should be pretty deep green, I like to steam a lot of greens and then freeze for smoothies later. You don’t want to eat a lot of raw greens because of their goitrogenic properties). Add smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until desired texture. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin to desired consistency. I like mine a little thick.
- If needed, add pinch of green herb stevia for added sweetness.
- For the green smoothie, use strawberries (lets the green color come through more) or for a purple bowl used darker berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries).
- For more protein, add nut butter, which will offset the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
- After splitting the blended smoothie into two bowls, top with toppings. I like to do this to help remind me to chew, plus it makes it taste even yummier!
*Links may contain affiliations, but only because I absolutely trust and believe in a company do I make recommendations. I will never post something or recommend something that I wouldn’t do or recommend to my loved ones and therefore, you as well.